FOX NEWS AND WAR-TORN AFRICA. LAZY, STUPID OR PLAIN DIABOLICAL WAR JOUNALISM?







So I see this headline in Fox news and I loose it. I let off a string of obscenities and after am done cursing them with as many traditional Kikuyu curses as I can recall I calm down. Then I read it again, “Pope Visits War-Torn Africa” I start planning a 1000 word post explaining why Africa is not a village and probably less than 10% of Africa is at war with anything aside from poverty and western exploitation. I want to tell them about our lovely beaches and peace-loving culture then I remember CNN and “Hotbed of terror”. I start swearing again but I remember they apologized. I swear some more.

Then it hits me, that in the words of Basket Mouth- A comedian from War-torn Nigeria (Its actually war torn), “There are always two things involved”. Either they know its not war torn and are just screwing with their diction for ratings (Its Fox News After all) or they don’t really know anything about Africa despite their eloquent reporting, in which case they are ignorant or stupid. If they are ignorant or stupid, it is either because college system never taught them how to do proper research or they are too lazy to be bothered. If they don’t know how to do research, they are welcome to join, www.butterflyeffect.hoop.la and I will be happy to help them understand how to research online. If the are too lazy to do research there are two things involved. Either they wanted to be proffesional football players and failed thus opted for journalism or the standards honesty in their country are pretty low. I could continue but I really don’t think fox new is worth any more typing and like many other Kenyans, my stock Fs is running low. 

Comments

  1. I love this entry particularly the reference to butterfly effect. Iyan, I get the same warnings when I talk to people here (in Vancouver) about coming back to Kenya. I guess they watch Fox news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its sad that people find it easy to believe negative stuff from this side of the world but it is changing slowly.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment